Washington here we come!


Advertisement
North America
July 27th 2009
Published: July 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well its been along time so it's hard to know where to start. First things first we are in central Oregon in the town of Bend and 1,960 miles into the trail.
In northern California we had a great finish to the state. I was starting to wondered if the state would ever end but, it did just shy of 1,700. That is one big state. But we ended up hiking some of our most constant miles in northern California so it made the end pass by quickly.
Once in the state of Oregon we felt like the trail was near complete although we still had about 900 miles to Canada. A couple of miles into Oregon we ran into a few hikers we knew. A man by the name of Billygoat, a 71 year old man that has over 35,000 miles of logged hikes. Also a 65 year old women who Adam and I ran into on the Appalachian Tail in November who still trys to hike 700 miles every year. The next morning we hitched into the town of Ashland a great town in southern Oregon. The hiking in Oregon would have been going just great except for the bugs have chased us through Oregon. Crater Lake National Park was one of the best places we have been on the trail. We hiked for six miles on the rim trail and decided we needed to camp along the lake. That was one of the best choices we made. Mosa's friend Jesse ended up hiking 230 miles half of the state of Oregon and she did a great job pushing three thirty plus mile days. In the town of Bend we have been helped by a trail angle named Lloyd who has brought us to town and grilled burgers and beers. So we are know friends.
Now we are ready to push to Canada we are going to try to finish around the 11th of August. To reach that goal we will have to hike 40 miles every day but I know we can do it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



28th July 2009

Glad to hear things have gotten easier and you are getting closer to being home. Great job! Good to hear your voice Mosa.

Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0469s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb