Two Hundred Days


Advertisement
North America
May 26th 2009
Published: May 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Mini GolfMini GolfMini Golf

Ken & Caroline

DAY 200

We were both up early again this morning, as it was lovely and warm, Today in our lives are two monumental markers, Its my Mums 80th Birthday, and we have been away 200 Days.

The Truman Kids Josh and Kahlia wanted a game of Mini Golf so this morning when we all got rallied, and as Caroline and myself love the game we all walked over to the mini golf place paid our $6.00 bucks each and started off for Hits and Giggles.

This is a disappointing course as there were only 9 of the 18 holes open, which we felt was a bit of a swizz, but hey its mini golf, get on with it and this is the only course in Broome apparently.

The course was quite a difficult one, but also very poorly maintained, and the game was scored as follows, on a par 20 course:

6th Place Caroline 38
5TH.Place Kahlia 37
4th Place Josh 35
3rd Place Ken 33
2nd Place Jodie 30
1st Place Andy 25

We walked back to the campsite and sat around for a while, I was messing around with the design for
Mini GolfMini GolfMini Golf

Jodie Concentrating on her game
the camp oven and the girls decided that they would go in to town and do some shopping,

The Girls, Caroline, Jodie Kahlia and Carol jumped in to the Trumans Patrol and headed off for town whilst us fella’s grabbed the tools and started work on our camp ovens.

First of all we (Ken, Carl, Josh and I) had a cylinder strapped to a tree with a ratchet strap, and we were drilling and sawing to our hearts content, then the time came to cut the bottle down the line we had drawn so out came the disk cutter, (Great Fun).

In no time at all we had a couple of bottles fettled the way we wanted, and we all had a great afternoon messing about with men’s stuff.

The girls got back full of the tales of the afternoon, and Caroline presented me with a new wash bag that I was desperate for and and new pair of shorts.

I enjoyed my shopping trip, it is great to get away from the camping thing for a bit and immerse yourself in some girl talk, however I had got all of my shopping done within
Mini GolfMini GolfMini Golf

Ken & Kahlia
the first hour. Every shop that I walked into had just what I needed (wanted!), Jodie told me that Kahlia loves shopping and of course wanted to go in every shop, girl after my own heart. We went to the Boulevard shopping centre first and then onto Chinatown, parking in Coles covered parking area.

There are so many surf shops here, some better than others and flip flops (thongs!) of all descriptions, I managed to pick a pair up for $10.00 as the pair I purchased 6 months ago were completely worn through, but not as bad as Andy’s, he managed to get himself a pair in Coles for $2.50.

We stopped at the Sun Cinema in town, which is the open-air cinema; I think they run a couple of films a day and the films change from day to day. It reminds me of the open-air cinema we used to go to with our friends Mike and Jo at Mottisfont Abbey in England. We used to get a picnic up together and along with some warm clothing and blankets (well we are talking about a British Summers evening and go to watch the chosen movie. This would
Mini GolfMini GolfMini Golf

Caroline sizing up a shot
be put on for one night a year and while you ate your picnic, they would have a band playing in the background, last time it was Jazz music.

We stopped for a snack and a cup of coffee, then looked in the last few shops, actually we could have carried on looking this place has so many shops and so many lovely things to buy, but for now I don’t need (or want) a lot of the stuff on sale here.

Back at camp we find the boys have been playing with drills and saws and generally doing mens stuff, they all looked quite pleased with their efforts.

It was time for a swim again, the pool was in the shade and the water was still cold, but in we all went, girls first and followed by the boys 10 minutes or so later after they packed away the tools and then it was time to get showered and dressed.

Andy and I went to Cable Beach to watch the sunset, we were meeting Andrew and Kirsty on the beach, I walked onto the beach to catch the sunset, it was not the best sunset,
Cable Beach SunsetCable Beach SunsetCable Beach Sunset

The Sun sets over beach
but all the same it was a sunset and it was beautiful, Andy drove onto the beach and I caught up with him after doing some photos, we drove through a sandy roadway in the centre of the rocks and we could see Andrew and Kirsty walking down the other side. They recognised us and jumped in.

We drove up to see the camels, the sunset camel rides for the day were over but it was great to see the camels anyway. They were going to be walked back the 3 kilometres to their home.

The Trumans were were going out with Carl and Carol to the open-air cinema to watch the new Wolverine film with Hugh Jackman, but Andy and I already had made arrangements with Andrew and Kirsty to meet up over sunset and get a pizza from Eagle Boys (well it is cheap Tuesday!).

Andrew and Kirsty sat at our campsite, we enjoyed the pizza, one of the best pizza’s we have had so far since arriving in Australia. It was a really lovely evening sat outside, it was very warm, we chatted and we looked through some photographs that we had on the external hard drive.

Before we knew it, the evening was over and turning into night so once again exhausted we went to bed.

Being such a warm night we both slept on top of the bed, there was no need for any covers at all.



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Turtle CarvingTurtle Carving
Turtle Carving

This Trurtle was carved in to the rocks on the beach
Camel TrainCamel Train
Camel Train

Sunset Camel Ride


Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0707s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb