Next


Advertisement
North America
November 10th 2008
Published: November 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Weather from Solomons Island to Deltaville was rainy and a bit choppy but the Northeast wind picked up more after we anchored in the south branch of Jackson Creek. The next day we walked from the public dock about 11/2 miles to a marine consignment and gift store. My leg pains were very bad on the way back so we stopped at Coffee Connections for a delicious sandwich, a comfortable chair and the newspapers. As we walked back to the boat an older gentleman offered us a ride and we talked for quite a while. He and his sons are in the tug and shipping business and his family has been in Deltaville forever.

From Deltaville we motored south to Yorktown and got in to Gloucester VA, Sarah Creek about 3 pm. It's a very quiet anchorage considering that we are just off the docks of a very large and well appointed Marina, York River Yacht Haven. We'll dinghy across the river to tour the battlefield where Gen. Cornwallis surrendered to Washington in 1781.

Sunday was a beautiful sunny calm day, perfect for a dinghy tour up the branches of the creek and to the grocery.




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0372s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb