Time with family and friends


Advertisement
North America
February 15th 2008
Published: April 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well, it has been a wonderful winter here.

My brother, Bill came for a visit and brought his new friend, Frances. She is a lovely person
and we are excited for him to have someone in his life since his wife Linda passed away last year. It certainly is no fun being alone and not having anyone to share your life's experiences. They came down to visit over Valentines Day and we went to a wonderful party with a live band. Danced with my brother for the first time in 40 years! We still dance well together! We also played a little golf and had a wonderful time.

My husband Bill has had a winter of surgery this year. He had 5 surgeries for skin cancer and surgery on both of his thumbs. It is difficult to keep that boy out of the sun ! Now it's 70 sunscreen, wide brimmed hats and long sleeved shirts for awhile until he is healed and even after that. Doctors orders - "Stay out of the Sun and wear sunscreen"!!!!

We bought a "Streetrod" for our use here in Florida. It is really cute and we have a great time with
Party time with Bill and FrancesParty time with Bill and FrancesParty time with Bill and Frances

This was a wonderful party and we all had a great time!
it.
It is a bright fire engine red and is built to look like a real fire engine. We laugh and tell people that it has to be a short fire since the ladder is only 3 feet long! The hood opens up to reveal a cooler, so we fill it up with ice and wine and visit the neighbors . It's always 5 o'clock somewhere!

We have had a great winter here. It has been busy and exciting. Now it is time to pack it up and head home again for a while. More adventures are in store for us this summer as we head up to Michigan to our new place up there.




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

The Streetrod FiretruckThe Streetrod Firetruck
The Streetrod Firetruck

This is the cutest little car. It will go about 30 mph but cannot be used on the open highway. It is for resort driving only. Bill has now been named Fire Chief of Riverbend Resort! It has to be a short fire though, the ladders are only 3-4 feet long!
Fun at BendersFun at Benders
Fun at Benders

Benders is our local bar and restaurant. Gathering there on Wednesday evenings and listening to the live music and singing is always a fun evening.
George and CarolGeorge and Carol
George and Carol

Our friends from Michigan came to Riverbend to share a little time. Nice people!
Gary and Mim Van HornGary and Mim Van Horn
Gary and Mim Van Horn

Come on Gary, you know you are having a good time!
Maggie and GaryMaggie and Gary
Maggie and Gary

Meet Maggie and Gary, Mim's sister from Michigan.


Tot: 0.178s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0843s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb