Roche Harbor, San Juan Island


Advertisement
North America
July 21st 2007
Published: August 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Roche Harbor MarinaRoche Harbor MarinaRoche Harbor Marina

This is by far one of our favorite places on the island.
A great spot at San Juan Island is Roche Harbor. The village of Roche Harbor and it's famous Hotel de Haro, built in 1886, is listed on the National Register of Historical sites. In the late 1800's, the Roche Harbor Lime and Cement Company was known as "The largest Limeworks west of the Mississippi." Roche Harbor, in our opinion, offers more ambiance than most destinations in the islands. In 1906 Hotel de Haro rolled out the red carpet for President Teddy Roosevelt who loved this area.

Roche Harbor Marina
This is by far one of our favorite places on the islands.

Nestled above the harbor
Sunday Mass at "Our Lady of Good Voyage Chapel" is a storybook experience.

Hotel De Haro
The formal gardens here are bursting with color and fragrance. There was a wedding going on here when we arrived. What a perfect setting for nuptials.

A decorating shop right on the pier ! How convenient !
A very elegant shop indeed !

The elegant restaurant
A fun place to lunch and listen to music.

In my next life..................
Bill selected this yacht to own in his next life.............



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Nestled above the harborNestled above the harbor
Nestled above the harbor

Sunday Mass at "Our Lady of Good Voyage Chapel" is a storybook experience.
Hotel De HaroHotel De Haro
Hotel De Haro

the formal gardens here are bursting with color and fragrance. There was a wedding going on here when we arrived. What a perfect setting for nuptials.
The elegant restaurantThe elegant restaurant
The elegant restaurant

This is a fun place to lunch and listen to live music.
In my next lifeIn my next life
In my next life

Bill selected this yacht to own should he ever have a next life...........


Tot: 0.217s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0786s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb