Anacortes, Washington


Advertisement
North America
July 19th 2007
Published: August 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The San Juan Islands are an amazing group of over 700 small islands off the west coast of Washington. One trip to the beautiful and varied island of Fidalgo and you will want to stay for a long while. The easternmost of the San Juan islands, Fidalgo, is home to the city of Anacortes. This island has 20 parks, not including forest lands and includes lakes, streams, wetlands, meadows and more than 20 miles of hiking, biking and horse riding trails throughout. With it's jazz and art festivals providing much activity around the waterfront areas, it is a bustling little town. There is much ado about everything here!

One of the most impressive sights is the view of Deception Pass from the bridge overlooking the water. Deception Pass State Park is the most visited state park in Washington. Deception pass bridge connects the two islands of Fidalgo and Whidbey. Each of the larger inhabitable islands has a ferry dock and offers ferry service several times daily. Remember that all the photos in this blog were taken with our small digital camera so imagine what a professional photographer could do with this beautiful sight.



Deception Pass
Here is the monument inscription about Deception Pass.

Deception Pass
This is a sight to see! The water under the bridge seems to churn violently, even when no boats are present.

Deception Pass Bridge
The bridge over Deception Pass connects Whidbey and Fidalgo Islands.

Deception Pass Views
The view of Skagit Island from the Deception Pass Bridge.

What a beautiful Place




Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Deception Pass BridgeDeception Pass Bridge
Deception Pass Bridge

The bridge over Deception Pass connects Whidbey and Fidalgo Islands.
Deception PassDeception Pass
Deception Pass

Here is the monument inscription about Deception Pass.
Deception PassDeception Pass
Deception Pass

This is a sight to see! The water under the bridge seems to churn violently, even when no boats are present.


Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0337s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb