Then there were 3 - Vegas to San Francisco.


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
June 23rd 2015
Published: June 24th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hey Folks, as always we hope that this finds you safe and well.
After leaving the 'timewarp' that is Vegas we headed East, seeing Hoover Dam, which is an incredibe feat of engineering. It's hard to believe that it was built in the 1930s. We visited the Old West town of Oatman, where we witnessed a Wild West shoot out and Daniel was held up on the street by an outlaw who stole all of his Vegas winnings! We drove once again on Route 66, America's Highway, through Seligman, the inspiration for the movie 'Cars' and saw many interesting vehicles with human like qualities. We visited the breathtaking Grand Canyon and took a helicopter flight, which helped us visualise the sheer size of the Canyon, it surely takes your breath away! Continuing on our search for BIG rocks we visited Monument Valley and learnt about mesas, buttes and spires. It's quite incredible to fathom how these were formed and that they will be around long after we are gone. Leaving the natural world , we travelled to the very manmade world of Hollywood. We saw Hollywood homes, went to Rodeo drive, Venice Beach, the Griffith Observatory and did the Walk of Fame. After Hollywood we went to the beautiful Mammoth Lakes for a bit of hiking, then onto Reno, for some American hospitality at Bear and Kristin's place. It was the first time that we have been in a family home for 3 and a half months (we're not that badly behaved I can assure you...it was WONDERFUL...family, friends, dogs, home cooked food...everything we miss about home!) We were also warmly welcomed into their gospel church, where we experienced the most joyful church we have ever been in, with much laughter and singing. The final destination on our roadtrip with Mum was San Francisco...what a beautiful City. We visited the sealions on Pier 39, voyaged around the Bay seeing both The Golden Gate and Bay Bridges and of course the notorious Alcatraz. There is so much to see here, luckily we will be returning soon.
So that is our roadtrip with Mum, we hope that you enjoyed it as much as us...next time we will blog a little sooner! Until then, take care, y'all!


Additional photos below
Photos: 51, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.169s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0517s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb