2015 Western Roadtrip Days 1-3


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
June 13th 2015
Published: June 13th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Got away from home by 6:30 AM on Wed the 10th of June. It took an uneventful 9.5 hours to get to Magee's home in Huntingdon, TN. We (I) only made two wrong turns but in both cases was able to get right back on course quickly.



Day 2: Hixson's & Magee managed to pull out of their back yard at about 9:50. Drove west through rural western TN. Everything ws really green and all the yards were manicured. All in all a delightful drive. Crossed the Mississippi just west of Dyrsburg, TN then up I-55 and around the SW corner of St. Louis - - Traffic was heavy but FAST moving. Wound up at a Corps of Engineers campground near Hannibal, MO.



Day 3: Drove through cloudy weather and then light rain. Came all the way across MO and crossed over to KS on US 36 near St. Joseph, MO. If you ever need to drive east or west through MO, US 36 is a really good and lightly traveled road. We stopped in Maryville, KS to see the Pony Express Museum that closed at 4 PM. We ran into the lady the runs the place on the side walk at 4:06. She apologized over and over that she couldn't open it up for us because she had to get to her second job. She did tell us about free camping in a city park. Unfortunately, there were not enough spaces, so we got back on the road planning to stay in a city park in Beatrice, NE. They were both flooded, so wound up in the back of a truck stop a couple miles north of Beatrice. It was reasonably priced and has good shower room. Today was an adventure. Tomorrow we'll go north to I-80 and then west toward Scotts Bluff, NE.



Sorry no pictures - - will try to have some on the next blog.

Advertisement



Tot: 1.52s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0996s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb