San Francisco Fun


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
July 6th 2014
Published: July 7th 2014
Edit Blog Post

We still haven't figured out the best time of day to avoid the fog in San Francisco. . . Steve drove us around a lot of the sights of the city today. We found our way up to the top of Twin Peaks just as the thick fog set in and totally blocked the spectacular view!! Couldn't believe people were riding their bikes to the top. Then we drove down the famous Lombard Street hill. Drove to some beautiful lookout points along the bay and the Pacific coast, then through Golden Gate Park. If we were here longer, we would have walked or biked the coastal trail. (Laura said biking at Kennebunkport last year was one of her favorite parts of the trip. Hope Bobby & Polly are having a good time in Kennebunkport this weeK!). After lunch at Beach Burrito on Judah St., we strolled around the Palace of Fine Arts, then took a walk out to the Yacht Club pier to see and hear the Wave Organ. Then returned to our rental house and took the bus and streetcars to Embarcadero for supper along the Pier at Sinbad's. Saw quite a bit of the city today, and lots of people watching. A good day! It's great to be on vacation!


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0514s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb