What Happens in Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
October 1st 2012
Published: October 1st 2012
Edit Blog Post

We made it to vegas!! Our trip from SanFrancisco was uneventful and boring. When we started out from nowheresville yesterday it was early so we decided to go to the Hover Dam before coming into vegas, but along the way we spotted a sign for a Jelly Belly factory, and who could resist that? No me and Barbara. The guys were not so thrilled, but they stopped anyway. We got a tour of the factory, which is the only one in the US that makes the candy. It was a Sunday so the workers were not in, but we got a good idea of how they are made. We had to wear official Jelly Belly Hats to keep our hair from getting into the work area. It was a nice break. Then we went on towards Vegas and Hoover Dam. We took a wrong turn on our way to the dam, and far be it for me to say that maybe it was because the men were listening to the NASCAR race on the radio. It takes a long while to realize you have taken a wrong turn because all the roads are barren and signless. Once we realized, we then had to find a place to turn the RV around. Anyhow, we got to Hoover Dam, which looks just like it does in the movies, but a littler higher and scarier. There was no RV parking near the overlook area and which we could park, it was very hilly and 98 degrees, so we looked at it from afar and then rode back across it. Another feat of engineering that is amazing, especially at the time it was built, before all the modern equipment we have today.

We rode into Vegas and got here around 6:00. By the time we checked in and got settled. We gambled for a few hours, had dinner at the food court of the hotel - Excaliber - and settled down early.

Today so far we walked up the strip and saw New York, New York - Aria - Bellagio - Monte Carlo and spent Ia few dollars in each. Luckily we are still ahead in our winnings, I doubt it will stay that way, but we can hope. Tomorrow we will try to put in a few more before our Jersey Boys show. Tonight we are going to NY NY for dinner. Having a great time, but I personally am starting to drag myself along. I look forward to being very lazy when we first get home.

Let you know how things are going here again before we leave.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0421s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb