Day 26-30 Carlsbad NM, TX, OK, MO, IN, OH


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
September 30th 2011
Published: October 3rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Left Carlsbad this morning to head for Branson MO., our last tourist stop before going home to Ohio. I forgot to mention that we had a hydraulic line blowout in the desert before we got to Carlsbad so were unable to use our slideouts while camping. We asked around and God came through as usual. There just happened to be a hydraulic co. in Carlsbad. So off we went to look for it. Found it and the guys were so nice! They didn't usually do work for Motor homes, but Steve showed them the tubing we needed and they made us a new piece for $12.00. Steve installed it on the spot and we were off again. Yea!! It was a long trip and another night without a place to camp. We pulled off at a noisy truck stop(too noisy for Barb, so we drove part way into a small town nearby and parked at a closed down repair garage for the night. Next morning, refreshed, we headed out. Things went well until Jill(the GPS lady) lied to us about which route was the best to take. We were on 44 and she said we should take Rt60 into Branson..Wrong!! We were on roads called T then TT then Z nothing but hills and curves! We finally got on 413 hoping it was going where we were. We finally had to call the KOA for directions after getting to Branson and still not finding the campground. We spent two very nice days there. Seeing the Noah production and the Titanic exhibit (so heartbreaking) to see all the memorabilia and photos from the sinking. And never forget to stop at Dicks Five and Dime, and Giggling George's Too ! We stopped off to see some close friends and beloved family ( the Davis's in Indiana) Will be great to be home on Saturday and see the Grandchildren. But we're already planning our next adventure!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



14th October 2011

Wild Wild West !!
Looked like an awesome trip !!! Great Pictures !! Thanks for sharing i enjoyed reading about your journey!!!!
24th October 2011

Amazing trip!
How wonderful that the two of you could take this trip! It was amazing!
29th November 2011

Day 26-30 Carlsbad NM, TX, OK, MO, IN, OH REVIEWED, Date: October 24th 2011 Amazing trip!
thanks Roe and Candy.

Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 54; dbt: 0.05s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb