Fall Foliage Tour 2010 - Day 1


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
October 23rd 2010
Published: January 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Fall Foliage Tour 2010


Our trip started with a drive through upstate New York. The first stop was a Lake at Harriman State Park. It was a nice little place to walk around and take some pictures.

After the park we drove up the Hudson River Valley. There were lots of small winding roads with plenty of colorful trees. Not many places to stop on those small roads, but there was a pretty good lookout point.

After we entered Vermont, we stopped for lunch at Vine and Branches. Of course we had to have hot Vermont Apple Cider - the best I have ever had.

Our next stop in Vermont was in Bennington. This small town had a huge monument to Colonel Seth Warner who, during the revolution, fought the British with volunteer militia from MA, VT, and NH.

As we started heading toward the border of New Hampshire, we saw a sign for homemade Vermont Maple Syrup. We pulled off the road and followed the signs to the barn in someone's yard. It was a quaint 'help yourself and leave you money on the table' setup. We grabbed a couple of bottles and headed on our way. The next stop was Springfield (home of the Simpsons). We had to drive through just because of that, but I was not impressed with the town.

When we were near Keene, NH, we stopped for dinner at Summit Steakhouse and Tavern, which had a great view of some New Hampshire mountains. We stopped in Portsmouth, NH, which was the launching point for the slow drive up the coast of Maine.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Seth Warner MonumentSeth Warner Monument
Seth Warner Monument

This was right in a Bennington, VT neighborhood.
Bennington StreetBennington Street
Bennington Street

A beautiful street that leads to the Seth Warner Monument


10th January 2011

Love your pictures. However if I didn't know better I think that you grabbed a couple of bottles of maple syrup & didn't pay for them. LOL.

Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0499s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb