Open Cockpit Biplane Ride & Sea World, San Diego, CA (November 2009)


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
November 25th 2010
Published: November 25th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Open Cockpit Biplane Ride


It is always fun to drive a convertible when the top is down. You get to feel the wind without feeling claustrophobic. If this makes you feel free, imagine flying 1500 feet high without a top over your head! Yes, that’s exactly what we did in San Diego. Riding in a 1929 authentic Open Cockpit Biplane was a wonderful experience. Some of the highlights about this ride are the take off, landing, flying above the clouds, and seeing the shores of Pacific Ocean from 800 feet high. Best of all, we get to sit in the cockpit while the pilot flew from the rear! Overall, the trip provided a beautiful view of La Jolla and its reef, which is known for snorkeling & kayaking.


Sea World Beluga Interaction Program


I would take any opportunity that comes along where I can view whales up close. I would appreciate an encounter more if it is in the wild, but I guess the best belugas for me to see will be at Sea World. (Churchill, Canada gives us the opportunity to swim with Belugas in Hudson Bay and perhaps one day I will lose my fear for open water and do this.)

As far the interaction at Sea World went, it was fun to touch and feed the belugas (which actually are dolphins) and to get kisses too!



Follow your dreams,
Vane



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Me and GalenMe and Galen
Me and Galen

Pilot is behind us
Flying above Pacific OceanFlying above Pacific Ocean
Flying above Pacific Ocean

View of San Deigo city
La JollaLa Jolla
La Jolla

View of reef and people kayaking from 800 ft above
Above the cloudsAbove the clouds
Above the clouds

1500 ft above sea level


Tot: 0.156s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0425s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb