Monday, June 18


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
June 18th 2007
Published: June 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Today we left Cojo Anchorage and sailed about 50 miles to San Luis Obispo. After yesterday’s sail and with Harry finally eating, we all agreed we needed to change the sail plan: instead of leaving Cojo for our first over-night stretch, we’d duck into San Luis Obispo. Harry put the patch on (remember, pharmacology is such a cool pal to have when the going gets tough) the night before, and woke up right as rain. I was so glad to have my Captain back.

The cruise to San Luis Obispo was pretty quiet. Very calm weather under overcast skies. The harbor patrol guy told us that in this part of California, overcast skies mean calm weather on the sea; sunny skies mean you’d better watch out. Considering our experience the day before, with huge seas and sunny skies, we’re leaning toward faith in this simple weather system. Now I wake up and hope I don’t see the sun shining. (I’m sure this will pass.)

We’ve seen more whales and lots of dolphins. It’s hard to get photos of the dolphins: they are the Mario Andretti’s of the sea, and I have lots of digital photos of the white splash they leave behind.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0472s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb