We Are Underway


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
July 16th 2006
Published: March 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Pride of AmericaPride of AmericaPride of America

Sunset at sea
It was almost 10 months before leaving Unalaska, on his way north from Polynesia to America that Captain Cook stumbled on the island cluster unknown to the West. The Islands lay farther from continental america than any archipelago on earth. Captain Cook and his crew had sailed more than 2,700 miles and taken about 6 weeks to go from Bora Bora without seeing a soul. When Captain Cook consulted his charts and calculated that he had met these islanders he wondered “how shall we account for this Nation spreading it self so far across this Vast Ocean?” Historians & anthropologists are still trying to answer Captain Cook’s questions.

Today, we are walking on the beaches feeling the sand and watching the surf crashing. There are hundreds of surfers off shore all waiting for the perfect wave. Waiting to ride it to shore. We feel the shade from the swaying palms as we walk along the beautiful beach.

We had been eager to arrive and begin our adventure of our first Voyage.


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement

Still Training At SeaStill Training At Sea
Still Training At Sea

On deck at 6:00 a.m. for my run in paradise.


Tot: 0.183s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0809s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb