6 ESSENTIAL AFTER-CARE TIPS OF CARPET THAT YOU NEED TO KNOW


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
October 6th 2020
Published: October 6th 2020
Edit Blog Post

Having a gorgeous carpet in your rooms adds a lavish touch to your house. The fact that you can choose from many different options ranging from material to texture and sizes makes people want to opt more for carpets than changing the floorings.


Just like everything comes with a back draw, water-proof carpets have yet not been discovered, which makes them more prone to all the mishaps. Not only that, buying a carpet means you will have to take extra care afterward. Because doing carpet cleaning on your own gets very tough, we have come with many different after-care tips that you need to read through.




Tip # 1: No Damp Feet

When you step on your carpet with wet feet, it gradually absorbs water. In the beginning, this does not come out as a big issue. However, later on, the room starts to get stinky because the carpet gets a foul smell. To make sure, have fluffy mats outside the room has carpet. Or just try not to step with wet feet.




Tip # 2: Keep It Safe From Rust

Carpet can easily catch rust from the tables or any material that has rust. You can simply place a thin layer of cardboard or a thin foam block under the feet of your tables of sofas. This will make sure that the rust does not transfer to the carpet in case the table foot catches rust. Especially don’t forget the cardboard if your carpet is light-colored.




Tip # 3: VacuumTimely

The carpet at times might look like all cleaned and perfect, people have mistaken this for not vacuuming it regularly. However, if your carpet does not face a lot of traffic and there is no pet, you can vacuum it thrice a week. But in case of heavy traffic, if you do not take the dirt out every single day, it will start collecting on the carpet. Dirt collection will gradually weaken the fibers and threads of the carpet.




Tip # 4: Get Professional Help

Pause if you have decided to wash the carpet yourself! All the laundry detergents that you use are not made for carpets. Hire a professional or find a reliable Carpet Cleaning company that will help you out in this. Professionals use products such as detergents, sprays, or shampoos that are made for carpets only. Other than that, products made for laundry use will ruin the threads.




Tip # 5: Be Patient After The Wash

Do not use the carpet after wash until it dries out completely. Depending upon the weather condition and humidity, the carpet might take 5-24 hours to dry out properly. People get mistaken and assume that the carpet that looks dried out is ready to be used. This is a very faulty assumption. Using a carpet that has not yet dried enough to be used will only make the wash go in vain. Stains on a wet carpet will last longer than a dried carpet. Dry it thoroughly!




Tip # 6: Clean The Stain Right Away!

If the carpet gets stained, no matter what the stain is, do not waste a minute more and clean it right away. Waiting for more will dry out the stain and will require you to wash it completely. To be on the safe side, prepare an emergency kit for your carpet needs in case you end up with a coffee disaster on the carpet.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.146s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0366s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb