A Simple Guide For Your Luggage Bags


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
April 2nd 2018
Published: April 2nd 2018
Edit Blog Post

If you are traveling soon, you probably should understand about luggage allowance so you can prepare your items accordingly. Luggage brands like Samsonite and Delseycan carry a sizeable amount of items and this could contribute to the weight factor. You are charged depending on the size and weight of your luggage and in some cases you might be required to only carry a set maximum of luggage as far as weight and size is concerned.

To help you adequately prepare, here is a simple guideline that you should follow to ensure your luggage does not hurt your budget and is accepted.

Things not allowed in check-in luggage

Different airlines operate under rules and while preparing your luggage you must keep this in mind. There are items that are banned or restricted that many airlines will reject, so be keen when you have to carry any of the following:

● Spray paint

● Wrapped gifts could be opened by security if put in your hold luggage

● Firearms, explosive materials and flares, or replicas

● Flammable liquids, flares, and aerosols (most airlines however allow you to have one lighter in the cabin)

● Bleach

● Paint thinner or
turpentine

Laptops on a plane

Again, the question whether you can take your laptop in the plane rests with the restrictions imposed by the airline you are traveling with. Many airlines don’t allow laptops and some electronic gadgets to be included in hand luggage, but there are those that will not have a problem with this. Check online before you book your flight to understand what you are allowed to carry and the things you should leave.

What about overweight or oversized luggage?

In case you have to carry overweight or oversized luggage, you might be required to pay an additional fee. To ensure you don’t incur heavy costs, it’s advisable to do the process of booking online so you can include the luggage and its weight and size. Make sure to process all this early. Buy the extra kilos in advance so you will not have problems while at the airport. Confirm in advance the amount the airline charges for excess luggage.

Restrictions on liquids

You might be wondering if you are allowed to have any liquids in checked luggage. Good news is that in many cases hand luggage restrictions are not applied on liquids, so you
will most likely be allowed to bring with you some jam, honey, or any favorite drink from abroad. For alcohol you have to make sure it is within the set limits as described by your airline. Check all this information online before you make bookings as it will help you plan well and avoid situations that might ruin your journey.

Planning a trip is about getting the most important things right. No one wants inconvenience at check points especially where luggage is involved, so carrying the perfect weight and size is a bonus as you will not be subjected to a lot of scrutiny. When packing first check what is allowed especially in your hand luggage.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.677s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.2864s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb