Yellowstone Lake Beauty


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wyoming
June 29th 2013
Published: June 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 44.5381, -110.436

Got up the next morning and drove down to the Bridge Bay marina and checked things out. It was a quiet and peaceful looking morning. We decided to go have breakfast at the Lake Hotel one of favorite places in times past.

They have done some remodeling and it was disappointing to us. They have replaced the old creaky floors with new flooring that looks like new fake flooring. There used to be a historical display of the early days at Yellowstone and the Lake Hotel that was very informative and interesting to look at. It is not there. The new furniture did not appeal to us either.

After breakfast went and checked out the Lodge which is just down the road. It defintely has more character and we may have to give it a try next time we are in Yellowstone.

Drove down to the Tetons stopping along the way for pictures and then checked in at Colter Bay. Went to the Jackson Lake Lodge for dinner. The bartender was one of the regulars and we were able to order from the main menu because many things on the bar menu were not available. Nice evening visiting with a couple from Colorado Springs and then back to our campsite.

Saw a fox on the side of the road as we were heading back. Did check out the marina before we called it an evening.




Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



29th July 2013

this is the best one by far----love your trip.

Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0194s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb