Yellowstone National Park - Animals


Advertisement
Published: June 25th 2017
Edit Blog Post

BuffaloBuffaloBuffalo

I followed this guy until he decided to leave the road!
Yellowstone is home to an abundance of wildlife. Some wildlife are close to the main road but most stay away from people and are not easy to spot. A great hobby in Yellowstone is for wildlife watchers to sit by the side of the road for hours with spotting telescopes hoping to get a glimpse of their favorite animals. Joy in retirement is thinking she would like a spotting telescope too. I think it is on her Christmas wish list. Yellowstone is home to 4,500 Buffalos. Early morning and late evening they take over some stretches of road and cause traffic jams.

We have included photos of some of the wildlife that we seen. We missed taking a picture of the trumpeter swans and osprey. A wildlife spotter also pointed out a elk being chased by coyotes and another a grisly bear but they were too far away for our camera to get a picture.

There are many rivers and streams in the park and it is a popular place for fishing. This is another reason to come back here again. We regret leaving our fishing rods at home.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

Fishing BridgeFishing Bridge
Fishing Bridge

Near campground. Area is spawning ground for Cutthroat trout.


Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0354s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb