Last day in Yellowstone National Park


Advertisement
Published: June 6th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Leek Marina at Colter BayLeek Marina at Colter BayLeek Marina at Colter Bay

This marina is at the base of the Grand Tetons.
Saturday, June 5, 2010

Happy birthday Mom! We had hoped to call you to sing, but we have no cell reception so hopefully this blog will go out in a timely manner. I hope you got to celebrate in some fun way today.

It’s hard to believe that this is our last day in the Grand Teton/Yellowstone area of the country. We decided to drive to the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone in hopes of seeing the lower falls and hiking the Red Rock trail down into the canyon. Unfortunately, the trail was closed; a ranger said that there was still too much snow and ice in the shady spots since winter just ended three days ago. We stopped in several places along the canyon to take in the views then headed towards camp. It was an hour and a half drive with stops for buffalo crossing the highway and a few quick shots of the mountain tops and lakes. All I can say is your eyes can’t possibly take it all in and words just can’t describe the beauty of this country.

That mini-scrapbook I prepared before I left home is not going to hold a tenth
Where the buffalo roamWhere the buffalo roamWhere the buffalo roam

We encountered lots of buffalo today. It was so cool to see these great beasts just outside our truck.
of my photos from this trip.

Isaac’s thought for today: Cool views. Martins…extra strong…unh!

Grace’s thought for today: Shower time! (Yes, we reek, but we’re heading to the showers this evening.) Oh, and “There’s a party in my tummy, so yummy, so yummy, yummy!” (Okay, so the kids are slap happy at this point and they are entertaining themselves by playing with their i-pods.

Jim’s thought for today: “The sun will come out tomorrow”; No, wait, “Here comes the sun! Doo do doo do…”



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Lookout Point in YellowstoneLookout Point in Yellowstone
Lookout Point in Yellowstone

This is part of the canyon area in Yellowstone. Notice that Karen preferred to be behind the lens away from the ledge. Yikes!


Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0504s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb