Trek Update 2


Advertisement
Published: July 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello!

So again a quick update, time is so limited always and i'm trying to get my photos up. Anyone who's texted me lately i have no signal i'm afraid and may not have for over a week. Since my last entry I spent a day in Chicago, went up the Sears tower, did a boat ride, saw Navy Pier and a few parks, watched a crazy australian acrobatic show, went up the John Hancock observation deck and saw the nightly fireworks and then went to an Irish bar, it was fun and very packed. The next day was our biggest drive, 10 hours to Sioux Falls but we broke it up with a Spam Museum and a statue of the Green Giant (yes the sweetcorn guy) which was... strange. That night we couldn't be bothered to cook so we went for an all you can eat meal and the place had a basketball court in it, mint! Was pretty cool haha. The next day we drove to Badlands National Park, which was so beautiful, didn't see any rattlesnakes (thank god!) despite all the warning signs and stayed in a big 16 bed ranch between the two groups. We had such a great night, our group dressed as pimps and hoes (with Walmart costumes) and the others as Ravers. Punch was flowing all night, so much fun just to chill out with everyone in our own house for the night. In the morning we got up and looked a little more through Badlands then drove to Wall Drug the famous store in South Dakota that is literally advertised all along the highway in South Dakota. Next we moved onto Mount Rushmore, wow, you need to see it to believe it it's stunning and did a little trail round to see that before moving on to see the Crazy Horse Monument. Wow, crazy alright, it's not even finished yet it's a huge tourist attraction, looks like it'll be good when it's done though, the Indian answer to Mount Rushmore. Finally we ended up at Devils Tower where we camped right underneath America's first National Monument. The night was pretty quiet really so we got up early to move onto Cody, Wyoming, home of the Rodeo. We got there pretty early, Silvia and I went cowboy hat shopping to get into the mood and then we went out in the evening to the Rodeo and then to a bar, god knows how I was one of the only underage people to not get kicked out, sneaky haha. Finally today we arrived at Yellowstone National Park and did a few hikes, saw some Bison and Deer, no bears yet though! We're staying here two nights so looking forward to tomorrow!

Hope everyone's good

xxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0351s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb