Way Out West 2021


Advertisement
Published: August 21st 2021
Edit Blog Post


Roosevelt Arch
This was Day 7. Hard to believe what we’ve packed into a week. We’ve traveled through 11states. We’ve stayed in 3 Airbnb’s and 3 hotels and we’ve traveled 2642 miles. We’ve been to the geographic center of the 48 states, visited 3 national parks, countless national monuments or historical sites, witnessed a 61 degree temp change get in 2 days. We’ve traveled Interstates, state roads, county roads, and dirt roads. We’ve fished a little and shopped a lot! We’ve talked to countless travelers from all over the United States and given a lot of advice and taken a little. So far it’s it’s been great.

Today we started out at the Roosevelt Arch and headed through Yellowstone to see Ike Faithful. We stopped several places along the way; Mammoth Hot Springs, Fort Yellowstone, Sheepeater Cliff, Gibbon Falls, Firehole Canyon, and finally made it to Ole Faithful. We ran across the parking lot and saw the end of ole faithfuls display, then headed back north to Gardiner. We finally saw some wildlife…a bison walking right up the middle of the road with traffic on either side and a couple of elk.

When the sun was out it was beautiful. When

Door of Roosevelt Arch
it rained it was chilly.. right to the bone. But there were no complaints out of this group. We were happy to see all the beautiful scenery Yellowstone had to offer.

Back to Gardiner for the guys to fish for a few hours. We had a home cooked dinner, then a relaxing evening and off to bed!


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Mammoth Sorings


Yellowstone


upper Mammoth


Thistle


White Elephant Back terrace


Yellowstone


Obsidian Creek


Fishing


Beryl Spring


Staying out of the rain


Fire hole canyon


Gibbons Falls


Geysers


Ole Faithful


Bison in the middle


Geysers


Elk


Yellowstone River


Acting foolish


Temperature and great music!


Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0642s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb