Snowy Range Pass


Advertisement
Published: August 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Took a few photos on our way from Denver to the cabin once we reached Snowy Range Pass. It was a great weather day, and little wind. While Pete's cabin is merely 9 miles or so West from here, we decided it best to start happy hour prior to that remaining 9 mile drive. Excellent choice, well done!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Ron and LanceRon and Lance
Ron and Lance

Ron is on the left, Lance on the right.
Hiking goal for the next dayHiking goal for the next day
Hiking goal for the next day

You are looking at it.
Me, Pete, and LanceMe, Pete, and Lance
Me, Pete, and Lance

Ron taking the photo with my camera.
Pete and RonPete and Ron
Pete and Ron

That highest peak in the distance is I believe where Pete, his sister Aliesa, and I ended up on a hike in this area some 10 years prior. It took some alcohol to ease some sore muscles after that hike 10 years ago. Something tells me that tomorrow will be no different.
More Snowy RangeMore Snowy Range
More Snowy Range

I found the view pretty compelling, will try not to bore you with too many more of these.
Ron's dog "B"Ron's dog "B"
Ron's dog "B"

Getting a jump on her own happy hour. Got a good stick? Got some time to gnaw on it? Why not just get after it right now then?
Crozier's TreeCrozier's Tree
Crozier's Tree

John Crozier made a trip to the Zawojski family cabin many, many years ago. Those chop marks on that tree are part of the evidence of his attendance on one of those camping outings. Luckily for the tree, he wasn't terribly focused on that task. Still funny to see that tree though. With all the Pine Beetle kill in the area though, some of these will be reduced to firewood before too long I would imagine.
Happy Hour has begun!Happy Hour has begun!
Happy Hour has begun!

Just got to the cabin, and lets make sure we have our priorities in the right order. Has the food or clothing been unloaded as yet? No. Has the outhouse been "opened for business" as yet? No. Has the 80s music begun playing as yet? No. Has the alcohol been unloaded and ready to drink? Hells yeah!
Here come the 80s tunes!Here come the 80s tunes!
Here come the 80s tunes!

Pete is carefully auditing the drink he prepared for himself while Ron is firing up the 80s tunes. A really good collection of great stuff from the 80s! Great work on that front Ron. Things I hadn't heard for a long time that are still great today.


Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0353s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb