David not feeling so well!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wyoming » Laramie
June 12th 2019
Published: June 29th 2019
Edit Blog Post

June 12
Well just when Red was feeling so much better things got worse for David. On the afternoon of the 12th, David was ready for a doctors help. We went to the local urgent care clinic, Grand Ave Urgent Care.
The staff was great and he saw a really terrific nurse practicer there who was willing to help. However the NP thought David should have a cat scan first to rule out other issues since the GI distress had been going on for about 8 days. So up we went to the local hospital, Ivinson Memorial. It was strange being there as this is where I started my nursing career, first working on the orthopedic floor, then in ICU. After about three years we left for Hawaii, when I joined the Army Nurse Corp. We never came back, until today. David had worked for both the university and Sheriffs office as a policeman and frequented the ER with prisoners or accident victims. David and I sat waiting for his cat scan and reminisced about the old days. The scan was fine, as was his blood work etc. The three days of antibiotics the the NP gave him worked like a charm. David was better after the first dose, just like Red. I still don’t know what they got into but we are just grateful they are both better and so quickly.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0269s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb