Sunny Day and The Road Well Traveled


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wyoming » Jackson Hole
September 16th 2009
Published: September 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

What a difference a day can make. The rain has gone and the sun is once again shining brightly. Today we took advantage of the weather and stopped at many of the viewing spots and scenic areas around Teton National Park. First stop was Oxbow Bend where we had started yesterday. I'd hope for calm waters in the river so I could have a photo of Mt Moran reflecting in the water. We didn't see it there but not too much further along the highway was the Jackson Lake and Reservoir and that was the spot. The waters were calm and the reflections lovely. From there we headed to the top of Signal Mountain for the views and then down to Signal Lodge for lunch. It was a short trip today by comparison but scenic to say the least. Final stop in early afternoon was back at Teton Village where we are staying. I wanted to take the ski lift to the top of the mountain so took advantage of the good weather and did that. The elevation at the top was almost 11,000 feet and what a view. Jackson Hole is a very popular ski resort and when I saw some of the ski runs from the mountain top, I wondered what it must be like to throw yourself off the mountain at that height and glide to the bottom. Speaking of gliding.......one can hang glide from the top of the mountain also. The first morning we were here, I saw a hang glider sail over head and wasn't quick enough with the camera to get a photo. He landed in an open area near the parking lot.
So today was our last day at the Tetons. We are heading further south into Wyoming tomorrow.




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.202s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 96; dbt: 0.1025s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb