Day 132 - Grand Teton National Park


Advertisement
Published: September 11th 2013
Edit Blog Post

It was a short 61 mile drive from Yellowstone to Colter Bay in the Grand Tetons National Park. We had hoped to see some wildlife on the way, but there was absolutely nothing to see along the road. After we set up camp we headed out to explore the Tetons. It was overcast most of the day but the Teton Mountains were still beautiful. We stopped at several turnouts to take pictures before we reached Jenny Lake. It was a gorgeous lake and river that flowed from it. Next we headed down to Teton Village. This is a big ski resort in the winter. We took the tram to the top of the mountain where the temperature dropped 20 degrees. After checking out the top and having some hot beverages to warm up we headed back down the mountain. Then it was off to Jackson and the Silver Dollar Saloon. It is famous for the million dollars worth of silver dollars that are inlayed in the bar. We had dinner at their steak house and then went shopping in town. It was a busy day, but we got to see most the Grand Teton.. A very pretty place in the summer.


Additional photos below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0245s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb