7/11/13 - Grand Teton National Park


Advertisement
Published: July 14th 2013
Edit Blog Post

7/11/13 - Today, Briar and Shelby T got up early and went to the Fishing Bridge Visitor Center for Briar to complete his Junior Ranger activity. We were first in the building, Briar had a couple of things to complete in his booklet. Last night we completed the required ranger presentation for Yellowstone - "Finding Yellowstone". This presentation was really informative on early history of how Yellowstone came to be and some of the explorers responsible. It ended with the challenge for each to find their Yellowstone. Briar completed all requirements and received his Junior Ranger patch.

We then headed out for the Grand Teton National Park. Saw very little wild life on this entire trip. A lot of pretty scenery. Briar completed his Junior Ranger requirements for the Grand Teton National Park. The ranger presentation this time was on "bears" and how to avoid/deal with them. The proper use of bear spray was demonstrated.

Drove back to Fishing Bridge.

Had pizza at Moose Junction with sloppy joes by Aleta later for supper.

The mountains in the Grand Tetons were very pretty as the pictures, I hope; will show.

Last days at Yellowstone and Grand Tetons.


Additional photos below
Photos: 116, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0479s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb