Northwestern Wyoming 9/09


Advertisement
Published: September 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hi Everyone, we’ve emerged from the woods of Northwestern Wyoming! We’re in Cody, WY today after spending about three weeks split between the Tetons and Yellowstone. We went to several campgrounds we haven’t been to before. For the most part the weather was great 70’s during the day 40’s at night but the winter is coming soon up here…it was 23 the morning we left Grant campground. We did a lot of kayaking in the Tetons….without a doubt the most scenic kayaking we’ve ever done. Saw lots of moose up close from the water. In Yellowstone both the bison and elk were in their mating rut…the coolest thing was hearing the elk bugling…once you’ve heard that sound you’ll never forget it. There was a 13 point buck herding some does and calves near our campsite one morning and Patty got to see some Bighorn sheep up close. We found some great spots to sit and sip a little wine by the lakeshore so all in all it was a great way to beat the heat for a few weeks. Should be home on the 18th. BTW, Kenny…they have the most amazing museums 5 of them together here in Cody at the Buffalo Bill Historical Center…we’ve spent 2 days here and haven’t seen it all.


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Colter bay campsiteColter bay campsite
Colter bay campsite

we stayed here 8 days
Oxbow bend of snake river Oxbow bend of snake river
Oxbow bend of snake river

saw lots of moose back here
snake riversnake river
snake river

another couple in kayaks came up and took our picture together


11th September 2009

So there you are!
We were just talking about you the night before last, wondering where you were and how you're doing. Good to know all is well and you're enjoying life for all of us...;)
11th September 2009

Kool and Cool
70's, 40's, 23 this morning.... now I could get into that right now. Sounds like a wonderful trip and beautifully documented as usual. Have a safe remainder of the trip and keep up the beautiful pictures. Oh, and bring back some elk steaks!

Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0386s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb