CC w Chris Day 8


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wyoming » Cody
September 9th 2014
Published: September 13th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Because we would be entering Yellowstone three separate days, (two to visit and one on way to Grand Tetons) I decided to take the scenic Chief Joseph road north to the Park's northeast entrance. It was a quite a bit longer than entering through the east entrance, but we would see parts of the park we wouldn't otherwise get an opportunity to see. Unfortunately, the weather wasn't cooperative and we couldn't see very much during the first hour or so because clouds covered the mountaintops. The parts of the mountains that we were able to see were very beautiful. After we crossed the mountain pass the sky was clear and the view was breathtaking.



We stopped at the Lower Falls of the Yellowstone river to take some pictures. To get to the falls we had to walk a bit and then down some steps. When we went up the steps to go back to the car we both got out of breath. Is seemed too short a walk for us to be out of breath, then it occurred to us that we were around 7,000 feet and were having trouble breathing because of the altitude. Chris, because of her lung issues, had been having a hard time breathing for a few days, even when she wasn't exerting herself. She was happy to realize that the cause of her discomfort was the altitude and not a worsening of her lungs.



We bought souvenirs and ate lunch at Canyon City Lodge inside the park.



We spent about nine hours riding to and through Yellowstone. Saying that Yellowstone is very pretty is a huge understatement. Chris, who is not big into scenery (another huge understatement), said she liked Yellowstone a lot. We spent about nine hours going to and visiting the park.



We had dinner at a restaurant in Cody. The food was barely OK, but Chris reached a milestone in her life – she got her first senior dinner with a senior discount.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0638s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb