Hotel in Rome--Check!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wisconsin » Milwaukee
September 18th 2009
Published: September 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

One more check off the list, countless more to go.

Made our reservation today for the Mecenate Palace Hotel through Orbitz. I honestly believe it's the best possible deal....cost, location, reviews. I think we'll be very happy with it.

Airfair is still a pain in the butt....allowing for time to disembark the ship on the last day, we can't likely fly out until afternoon. NO flights make it out of Europe without a 12 hour or more layover when leaving that late. Boo. So still exploring that portion of things.

I have some rough ideas on tour itineraries for Rome. Unfortunately lots of neat tours aren't offered during the 2 days we have to sight see.

Started communicating with fellow cruisers on the Cruise Critic message boards. Many of them are putting together their own more intimate shore excursions, especially for Egypt & Turkey. I may still try and hop onto one of those yet, if they'll have us. Cheaper and less of a cattle call than shore excursions through the ship...and they'll be with people I've gotten a chance to get to know in the months prior to setting off.

Definitely a lot still up in the air for this...in addition to all the seasonal, work and house-related things on my mind. Stop this whirligig of fun, I'm dizzy. 😊

Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0309s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb