Fontana Wisconsin


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wisconsin » Fontana
October 25th 2012
Published: October 28th 2012
Edit Blog Post

The Arch The Arch The Arch

Our first view of the Arch
It's road time again, leaving St. Louis and headed to Wisconsin to visit family and friends. Wished we had planned a few more days in St. Louis and the Moonrise. This area is really cool! Great breakfast at the hotel this morning and didn't break the bank buying it either. I had shrimp and grits with poached eggs, yeah baby! Sweetie has an omelet with ham, tomatoes, spinach and gruyere cheese and it's quite tasty, too.

We leave and drive to the Arch... yes, the Archway to the West. It's right in the heart of downtown and driving there we pass by Busch Stadium. Too bad the Cardinals aren't in the Fall Classic. Gotta get back to this town sometime, really enjoyed it.

I-55 north headed towards Chicago with a quick stop in Springfield, Missouri, the birthplace of Abraham Lincoln. Nice town with lots of history. Continuing on we discover Atlanta, Illinois. We didn't even know this town existed. We have fun just riding through and checking it out (see pics!). When we left St. Louis this morning, it was 82 degrees and it's starting to fall this afternoon. We make a quick stop in Oglesby, Illinois at Moore's Root Beer Stand for a chili dog and a hot dog (and root beer, of course!) and get back in the car as it starts to rain about an hour outside of Fontana and the temp is 45....yowza, I hate winter! Anyway, we arrive in Fontana on the shores of Lake Geneva and tomorrow I don't have to drive. Yeah!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Atlanta, IllinoisAtlanta, Illinois
Atlanta, Illinois

And it's on Route 66!


Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0223s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb