Day 2 - Detroit, MI to Eau Claire, WI


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wisconsin » Eau Claire
November 18th 2012
Published: November 18th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Detroit to Eau Claire


Don't make me pull this car over!

Oh yes, it was that kind of a day. We got a late start because we had to go for a swim, hot tub and game of ping pong. By the time we pulled out from the hotel it was nearing 10:30am so hopes of having lunch in Chicago were put to rest. About 30 minutes into the ride, Molly decided she was done with the car. Oh boy, even Louie was telling her to knock it off. Once she was settled with a video we were all much happier, for a while anyway. She was just having one of those days but who can blame her, being trapped in a tiny clown car for hours on end belted in place is not the ideal situation for anyone, let alone a 4 year old. Considering our day ended after 10:30pm, the kid was a trooper.

Our big break and detour today was into downtown Chicago and the Navy Pier. We drove up Lakeshore Dr. checking out the waterfront and skyline until arriving at the Navy Pier. Parking proved to be a challenge and Louie said we should take a picture of the spot we found because he was sure it was the last spot in Chicago. As it turned out, the spot was pretty good with a short walk to the Navy Pier. We even brought Oskar along to see the sights. We ended up having some Ben and Jerry's (in which I am sure I now hold a few shares after paying $16 for 3 ice cream cones) as a treat. We took some great pictures and even did a little racing through the park. The Blair's always seem to build in some kind of competition. I have to tire these kids out somehow!

After our detour, we hopped back in the car and set off towards Minneapolis. We were hoping to make it there today but it proved to be just a little too far. We once again we called in the services of our travel agent to find us a room in Eau Claire, WI. And yes, it is a Best Western. Thankfully, the place has a pub because when I went out to look for a water fountain, I came back with a beer. Almost the same, right?! After a 12 hour day of travel, I think it is.

Eyes are burning, must get to sleep!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

OskarOskar
Oskar

He had to have some too!
Me and MollyMe and Molly
Me and Molly

Yep, I was there too!
WisconsinWisconsin
Wisconsin

Good thing there was a rest area here, Molly needed a "potty break" BAD! Sign was right there.


Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0748s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb