Day 4 - Fargo, ND - Ashland, WI


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wisconsin » Ashland
August 3rd 2013
Published: August 4th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


What a fantastic day we had! We left Fargo and headed northeast towards the Itasca State Park. This park is home to the Mississippi Headwater. We arrived at the headwaters and decided we had to walk across. What a treat that was. My kids were thrilled. They had walked across the Missouri River Headwater and now the Mississippi. We explained that last year they crossed the Mississippi when it was a large river and now they see it as a small current. They were dually impressed. Once we left the headwater state park we headed east towards Duluth, MN. It was very beautiful and we enjoyed the back road scenery. We pulled over at a small turnout to let my dad and Theo get some water and stretch and the bugs were HUGE! I have never seen mosquitoes that big!!

We made it through Duluth with no issues and took pictures as we crossed the bridge. We then headed east towards a small town called Ashland, WI. Our hotel overlooks Lake Superior! It is beautiful!! We dropped our luggage, got our Corona’s and headed for the patio. We enjoyed a beautiful drink and dinner on the patio while the sun was setting. It was a great way to end the day.

Tomorrow we are headed for Saint Ignance, MI. Should be another beautiful drive!

Two states today: Minnesota and Wisconsin


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



4th August 2013

Great
LOVED the pict. today, so good to see Aunt Julie and Uncle Leroy, Love the Blog, did such a good write up, safe travels tomorrow, cant wait.

Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0547s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb