Tour of Lighthouses in Washington and Oregon


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington
September 5th 2013
Published: September 5th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We left home the morning of Sept. 4 heading south across the Sumas border crossing. No long line ups here now all the kids are back in school and most people back to work. time for the seniors to "hit the road".

Our first stop was at the lovely Farmhouse Restaurant in O'Connor, WA. Not only do they have good food, but there is also a lovely little gift shop with unique and delightful gift for the grand-daughters. So grandma has started her Christmas shopping!!

By the time we reached Whidbey Island the fog was quite thick so no point trying to get pictures.

Took the ferry across to Port Towsend - still in the fog for half of the trip. Got a brief glimpse of a whale off the starboard side of the ferry.

Drove on down to Sequim, and got settled in at the Rainbow's End RV Park for the next three nights. After dinner we drove around the area primarily looking for the lighthouse out on the spit. we were told that it is a 5.5 mile walk out to the lighthouse along the spit!! Didn't care to do that (11 miles round trip) so we were looking for a place to see it from the mainland. Unfortunately it was way too far to get a picture, however we did enjoy sitting by the shore and watching a beautiful sunset and the seagulls diving and feeding on a school of small fish.

Thunder storms blew in overnight and the rain is supposed to last through until Saturday, so I guess we will hunker down in our cozy RV and wait out the rain.

Advertisement



5th September 2013

headig south to oregon
Hey, thank you for inviting us along on your travels. no matter the weather the change of pace and views are very welcome. Glad to hear from you. Petrina married this July in San. Fran. all family present. We have the house on the market and when sold plan to move t Bend to spend time with Peter's family. love to continue the journey with you. Adios Diane wolfgang.

Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0285s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb