Washington DC


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington
October 7th 2012
Published: October 7th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Decided to fly to Washington from Boston as it was a ten hours on the bus, eight hours on the train and one and a half hours to fly plus it was only ten pounds dearer than the train!!!!! Place where I am staying is very nice it's a huge bedroom and a huge bathroom with a jacuzzi bath in the basement. The first day I was here it was really hot about 80degrees and quite humid. Saturday I did the usual sights White House etc, then went to the Holocaust Museum in the afternoon. It was very emotional and moving but very well worth a visit. In one areas you can listen to people who survived telling their stories, some had lost their entire families, very sad. Today I visited the American Indian museum, the building itself is great architecture and the exhibits equally impressive? Weather has completely changed quite cold and wet today. Oh well it is Autumn isn't it. Not sure what I will be doing tomorrow, will wait and see what the weather is like.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



8th October 2012

It all sounds like fun but also hard work. That jaccuzi sounds like a good idea
9th October 2012

Following avidly
Hi Pam Loving your blog its bringing the places alive!
21st October 2012
River nr Orange Masachusetts

River nr Orange Masachusetts
I just love this photo Pam. Keep snapping!!

Tot: 0.206s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.088s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb