Day 7 Back to Seattle


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington
July 26th 2012
Published: July 27th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today, after an excellent Inn breakfast, we said goodbye to our fellow Inn travelers, most interesting discussions both mornings (Bob was only male at the table), we began our journey back to Seattle. A brilliantly sunny day at Port Townsend with Seattle predicted to reach 79, this could be the warmest day we'll see in the next two weeks of plying the Alaskian coast.

As today was mostly a driving day back to Seattle, to overnight and get ready to board the ship tomorrow, we did stop at a couple interesting towns. First up was Port Gamble. A very small town with homes built by Captains who sailed there from Maine and built homes just like those they left. Small shops and museum were the draw.(See picture).

We unexpectedly found a gem called Poulsbo. It has a strong Scandanavian heritage we were told. Very quaint, Susan got some nice glass arts ideas from the shops and a wine tasting of some excellent wine. See the sign for the Slug Hunt? Amazing what Washingtonians celebrate.

On our way to take the Bainbridge to Seatte ferry, we were delayed about 45 minutes for the draw bridge to let boats under before reaching the ferry. But what a ferry ride it was. Imaging coming into the view of downtown Seattle from afar to dock right downtown. My pictures doesn't do the scene justice.

Arrived at Seattle and did not realize how uphill it is. I felt like I was driving in San Francisco, straight up! Thankfully all vehicles had good breaks. We finally found our hotel, returned the rental car (only had to walk about 6 blocks back to the hotel (good exercise).

Based upon a recommedation of the hotel, we had a very good dinner at the Blueacre at 7th and Olive. We recommend it.

Back at the hotel, we finished laundry, and are approaching the end of our fabulous weather day. A nice way to remember Seattle!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



27th July 2012

Seattle to Alaska....here you come!
Hi Bob and Susan, You two have a wonderful time on your Alaskan cruise. Not sure you will be able to blog as much....but we will be looking forward to hearing all about it. Safe travels, Patti and Paul

Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0538s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb