Washington - Thursday 10th May 2012


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington
May 13th 2012
Published: May 14th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today we have a free morning before we head off for Chicago.

We eat breakfast at the Dubliner.

We have a wander around Washington, heading first to Capitol Hill so that I can take some pictures of the Capitol Building, from there we head to some shops around Union Station and do some window shopping. (The other thing that we have noticed in Washington is how many people are formally dressed. I would guess that a lot of the people that we see around could be political representatives? – I am used to seeing the vast majority of Americans dress informally, but here suit and tie seems to be the “order of the day” for men, and “power dressing” for women)

We meet up with the rest of the group at 14:45 and walk across to Union Station to catch the Chicago train at 16:30. After a brief wait in the lounge, we walk to the train and find our sleeper accommodation. We settle down for the night journey on the train.

We book dinner in the Dining Car for 18:00. And after dinner we decide on an early night and get the sleeping car attendant to make up the beds.The lower beds folds out into an almost ¾ bed size, and there is a small bunk up top – Guess which bed I got!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.159s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0632s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb