Best National Parks in Washington State


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington
June 3rd 2019
Published: June 3rd 2019
Edit Blog Post

The northwestern-most corner of the continental USA includes not one but three amazing U.S. national parks, each special in landscape and significantly less than 250 km from the urban bustle of Seattle. All you'll need is a vehicle and just five times, which you can lease in Seattle or in Seattle-Tacoma International Airport to go through the majesty of all North Cascades National Park, Mount Rainier National Park and Olympic National Park.




Seattle





Beautiful, quirky and adventuresome, Seattle creates a great starting point to get a Pacific Northwest experience. The birthplace of Starbucks coffee and grunge music provides an eclectic collection of tasty restaurants, boutique stores and buzzing nightlife places. With all these opportunities to hike, bicycle, ski and ship in a stone's throw of downtown, you will discover lots of locals who share your love of the wonderful outdoors (and that will provide a lot of advice about the best way best to appreciate them).




Mount Rainier





The snow capped peak towering over the Seattle skyline is the crown jewel of Mount Rainier National Park, only 145 km south of town. 25 glaciers adorn the Mount Rainier, letting individuals who summit through two seasons the feeling of walking at the months, despite being an active volcano. In addition to mimicking all year round, the glaciers feed rivers, which makes this park a favorite place for kayaking and canoeing. This is a score of a trip. It’s like adding great wireless security cameras to your smart home package deal. See the playground in the spring to catch sight of this wildflowers in bloom, if it is possible.




North Cascades





Less than 200 km northwest of Seattle, North Cascades National Park Beckons to hikers with over 600 km of paths. You may choose a stroll or set your legs to function on trails that lead to viewpoints of the over 300 glaciers of this park. As you rise in elevation, as temperatures may alter -- and of course sturdy hiking shoes -- you will want to come prepared with layers of clothes. Since there's a lot of ground to cover (almost 277,000 hectares), we recommend spending a few times . The park includes five campgrounds that can accommodate three luxuries and RVs, automobiles along with 140 campsites.




Olympic




But after four times one of Washington's peaks, dedicate some time into the park's other noteworthy landscape: the shore. About 240 km west of Seattle, the Pacific shore of the park is dotted with stone formations rising from the sand. You're able to dedicate into the wave pools, which can be full of fascinating creatures like sea snails and rock crabs of the park which you are able to see through low tide. (Just take care not to disturb the wildlife -- touching or eliminating wave pool creatures can influence the ecosystem) Olympic National Park is home which means you should not have trouble finding a place.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.181s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0408s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb