Last Day of Vacation


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Zillah
May 29th 2011
Published: May 30th 2011
Edit Blog Post

May 29, 2011

Our last night in Zillah was a stormy one. Strong wind gusts shook the flaps of the teepee and woke us up several times. That, and the fact that our muscles screamed whenever we moved, helped us sleep in until 7am.

Again, breakfast was served on the patio. This time we were treated to pastries, fresh fruit, frittata and sausage. It was heavenly and extremely filling. Mom and I ate with six of the riders from the wine tour, who had stayed the night also. They were all from the Silverdale and Belfair area; practically neighbors.

Mom and I packed our bags and thanked Pepper for her hospitality. And of course, we said good-bye to the two Icelandic ponies that humored us through the whole stay.

On our way back West, we stopped in Ellensburg, my old college stomping ground. It had been years since I picked up a new college sweatshirt, so I figured while we were in the area, I should get a new one. Unfortunately, Mom and I were both still full from breakfast, otherwise we would have gone to the Yellow Church Café for lunch. There is always next time.

(scroll down for more photos)


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

No, no, no!No, no, no!
No, no, no!

The cemetary in Zillah had some interesting signs


Tot: 0.228s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0853s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb