17 Hours In Yakima


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Yakima
April 12th 2008
Published: April 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Flight Attendant DebbieFlight Attendant DebbieFlight Attendant Debbie

Greeting passengers in the galley of the CRJ200.
Had a layover in Yakima, Washington a few days ago so took MaryAnne along for the ride. She's been staying with me since the accident in Nebraska totaled her jeep and sidelined her Sacramento plans, so a short trip away to clear her head was a good idea.

As you might guess, there's not much to do in Yakima when the weather is cold, but I had a really fun crew and we discovered happy hour in the bar attached to our hotel. After several rounds of pool (boys against the girls, two worst v. the two best, good and bad v. good and bad) we ordered every appetizer they offered and were only able to finish about half of it! Everything is half off during happy hour and so we couldn't resist trying everything though soon regretted it as none of us stopped eating even after we were full!

Bob, my First Officer, spent some time talking with MaryAnne about her options, now that Sacramento is out of the picture. He's pro Air Force and is pushing aviation, though she has had her heart set on a career in medicine since she was 14. After meeting with the
MaryAnne in the Flight DeckMaryAnne in the Flight DeckMaryAnne in the Flight Deck

Getting her first lesson.
recruiters here in Utah last week, she's narrowed her choice down to Navy (after learning the Marines have no medical program) and since she's a college graduate with two bachelors degrees she'll enlist as an officer and they will pay for medical school. By the time she's 26, she'll be making $80,000 a year. Not bad for a 26 year old!

Hope you like the pictures from Yakima!




Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Lesson #1Lesson #1
Lesson #1

"...and if you want to see if there are other planes in the area, you just want to look out the big window right in front of you."
OMG!OMG!
OMG!

Pilot or doctor, pilot or doctor, pilot or doctor? Agh! I just can't decide!
BobBob
Bob

Doing his best to make everyone think he knew what he was doing! Several times we called out FORE! as balls went flying off the table!
Our Crazy CrewOur Crazy Crew
Our Crazy Crew

Making "The MaryAnne" face!
MeMe
Me

I must have been really happy about a pool shot in this photo!


Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0504s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb