This is The Day


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Woodinville
January 26th 2013
Published: June 26th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 47.7545, -122.157

Forty years ago today we committed holy matrimony. Seems so unbelievable that it's been that long. Time has flown by. We are celebrating tonight at the Herbfarm Restaurant, but first we both have work to do. Philip will teach online all day since he has a new class with over twenty students. They have already been a talkative bunch so he has lots of posts to go through.

I will go into Seattle to the Convention Center to attend the library conference. I probably would not have volunteered to run for office a couple of years ago if I had looked ahead to see that this conference falls on our actual anniversary. I will fulfill my obligations though. And, as it turns out, it is nice to have a reason to come back to Seattle to celebrate our anniversary again at the Herbfarm. We were here six years ago for our anniversary, too.

The menu for the night is Truffle Treasure, same as for our last visit, but I expect completely different items on it. Every course will include some truffles.

.....

Dinner was great! We sat at the European common table with two other couples celebrating anniversaries, their 20th and 21st, and a group of three celebrating a birthday. Two of the men work for Microsoft; I didn't get what the others do professionally. All of the others at the table were living in the area. We were the only ones from out of town.

Service for the meal is very good. All the tables are served each course at the same time; everyone receives the same meal. There is one choice for the first course--which herb to have in the opening cocktail-- and a choice of coffees and teas with dessert, but otherwise dinner is all the same for everyone. And it is a feast with wine pairings for six of the nine courses.

The servers work together so much; we don't have just one waiter. Everyone there, from the owners on down, help serve and clear the dishes. Between courses, the chef and wine steward explain what we will be having and how they decided on those selections. Most of the foods and wines are grown, raised, farmed, caught, and bottled within as short a distance from the restaurant as possible. Environmental consciousness is really important to the Herbfarm owners.




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.317s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0533s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb