Fort Walla Walla


Advertisement
Published: June 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Fort Walla Walla was our next stop after Klickers and was our first place we got lost looking for. I did learn quite a bit about Walla Walla just driving around the town though. I had no idea that they had so many colleges and small universities down there and I think that we managed to find all of them.

When we finally found the fort it was rather impressive. It isn't just a museum of the fort, it is a collection of history through hundreds of years from Walla Walla. Both Native American and American Settlers and Soldiers are represented here at the fort. If you are ever in the area I would recommend making time to stop by.

This entry is going to be more of a photo blog then anything else as seeing the pictures is going to be better for you then me trying to describe all of the stuff there.


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Women's clothing through the agesWomen's clothing through the ages
Women's clothing through the ages

This display was fascinating because the textures of the clothing were different then what I imagined them to be
Dolls over timeDolls over time
Dolls over time

Each one had a card describing what her head was made out of.
33 mules33 mules
33 mules

It took 33 mules to pull an old fashion combine through the fields. Hearing this fact is not as impressive as seeing it.
He was such a good kidHe was such a good kid
He was such a good kid

No one ever thought he would end up behind bars.


Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0484s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb