Spokane


Advertisement
Published: August 17th 2012
Edit Blog Post

7th Aug ’12 Whitefish to Spokane, Washington.

Another 250 miles to go in the boiling heat and we just drove and drove, eventually we got to the outskirts of the city of Spokane and the traffic on the highway made it seem like we were on a race track!

Our hotel wasn’t right in the centre and we managed to negotiate the roads to find it fairly well. As our room wasn’t ready – despite it being 4.30pm we just collapsed in the lobby, drank the free drinks and waited 30 minutes until it was.

Howard then decided he wanted to drive into the city to see the waterfront area. So risking life and limb we braved the one way system, dodged the cars and swerved into a car park.

The riverfront park was lovely, a really well thought out green oasis with the river running alongside and around it. We walked a long way around this park, crossing bridges over the rapids in the river and then along the far bank before crossing yet another bridge back in again. There was a totem pole, a clock tower, a carousel, various sculptures and a little train which we encountered a few times on our walk.

By the time we were ready to drive back the traffic had died down and we could see all the old brick buildings still with the original adverts on their sides, as opposed to the journey in when you either had your eyes shut or fixed on the car in front! Apart from the traffic Spokane seems a really nice place.

Back at the hotel I ate at the café, the menu wasn’t extensive but the prices were good, so I ordered a pizza. Well, when it arrived I couldn’t believe my eyes, it was the size of a dustbin lid!! The lad said we like our food over here! I had to have 2 boxes to take the left overs away in!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

SpokaneSpokane
Spokane

Tea....as big as a bin lid!!


Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.045s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb