Friends and Fun in Eastern Washington


Advertisement
Published: May 10th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Friday, late afternoon, we arrived at Staci & Martin's apartment in Spokane, Washington. We lounged around that evening chatting and catching up since we last saw each other on New Year's Day, 4 months ago. Staci & I email, chat/video chat, or text message multiples every week but seeing each other is much more fun. Martin prepared us a Mexican style dinner that was very good and then we decided to go to a local bar to watch the Lakers/Mavericks game. Us ladies were more interested in having a few beers to relax.

Saturday morning the 4 of us went to YMCA Central in Spokane as Staci & Martin are members there. Ali Vincent, Biggest Loser Season 5 Winner, recently moved from Arizona to Spokane and was putting on a 30 minute Boot Camp workout. Staci & I wanted to attend while Martin & Pete went and did their own workout. I had never done a boot camp workout but it was amazing and kicked my but as I have changed up my exercise routine with running and bikram yoga in the last 3 weeks. I am still a little sore from the workout from Saturday morning and it is Tuesday morning currently. Staci won a prize which she choose the Biggest Loser 30 day Challenge book which Ali signed for her and took a picture with us. Great way to start a Saturday morning!!!

We got cleaned up and went out to see more of Spokane. The city has 208,000 people but the metro area has a population of 609,000. To compare to Portland the city has 584,000 with the metro population of 2.2 million so it has a much smaller feel but has a clean downtown area. Pete & Martin had fun taking pictures with their Nikon cameras while Staci and I enjoyed each others company. Later that night we went bowling, which I had the best 2 games of my recent years/possibly life. I even beat Pete in the 2nd game but Martin won both games with Staci bringing up the rear.

After bowling Pete decided he wanted Old Spaghetti Factory a NW favorite. Some high schools were having Prom that evening and it was the night before Mother's Day so it was busy but we got a booth in the bar which was good because we were being a little crazy, without alcohol. We then settled back in their apartment with a large bottle of Blackberry wine and called it a night.

Sunday morning we packed up and headed back to Portland. We took the interstate back to Portland including a lunch stop at Burgerville and gas fill up in The Dalles, OR our travel time was 5.5 hours. Not too shabby!

This trip was a great way to celebrate my 30th birthday with my amazing husband, friends and new experiences.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Our turn to have funOur turn to have fun
Our turn to have fun

I promise we didn't even have alcohol just drunk on friendship
Columbia RiverColumbia River
Columbia River

Ride home I-84 Eastbound in OR


Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0556s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb