Western Idaho to Eastern Washington


Advertisement
Published: May 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Little Salmon RiverLittle Salmon RiverLittle Salmon River

western Idaho
Just north of New Meadows, on US 95, we passed a sign that read “45th Parallel, Halfway Between the Equator and the North Pole.” We’d never seen a sign like that before.

The Little Salmon River ran alongside the road, first on one side, then the other, until we reached Riggins, where the Salmon River joined the Little Salmon. All around Riggins, cars, trucks and campers lined the roads. The banks of the river were crowded with fishermen, fishing for salmon. After the confluence the river widened and we saw boats anchored in the river with people fishing from them.

We stopped in Spalding at the Nez Perce National Monument Visitor Center and Museum. The exhibits were really special and very interesting.

We left Idaho at Lewiston and drove north in eastern Washington through the Palouse region, with the amazing farmlands planted on rolling hills. The designs of the different colored fields was quite artistic.

At Spokane we dropped our camper at Riverside State Park and went into Spokane. Kerry took the van to Jiffy Lube for an oil change while Bob, Gena and I shopped for groceries. The Spokane River runs right next to our campsite.
Salmon RiverSalmon RiverSalmon River

at Riggins, ID


Tomorrow we should be in Canada. We don’t have international plans on our cell phone or our air card, so we’ll only be in contact if we stay at a campground with wifi or go to an internet café.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

North of RigginsNorth of Riggins
North of Riggins

velvet folds of land
Near White Bird, IDNear White Bird, ID
Near White Bird, ID

Look at this road with all the switchbacks. We didn't drive this one.
Palouse RegionPalouse Region
Palouse Region

eastern Washington
Spokane RiverSpokane River
Spokane River

by campground at Riverside state park


27th May 2010

fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!! sure was good talking to you last night Kerry. Love ya
27th May 2010

take care
Hope you all have a wonderful time in Canada! Mary
27th May 2010

beautiful country........envious of all you are seeing!

Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 14; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0426s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb