Glacier through Idaho into Washington State


Advertisement
Published: August 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Curve on Sun RoadCurve on Sun RoadCurve on Sun Road

We are leaving Glacier and heading west on the Sun Road
We sadly left beautiful Glacier National Park and headed out Route 2 through Idaho and into Washington State. When we got to Kalispell, MT there was smoke in the air everywhere - it looked thicker to the south. We stopped in Libby, MT and had lunch, did laundry and grocery shopping. We entered Idaho and gained another hour - we are now in Pacific Time Zone.

Route 2 was a very nice scenic drive. Dave liked the driving and thought it was a "great way" to come into Washington. The temperature was about 90 degrees when we got out of the mountains. It was a shock to our system, we haven't seen 90's since we left home. When we left Glacier it was in the 40's. One thing we find hard to believe is that the humidity levels are 10-15% humidity. Seems at home it never gets below 50%. So even though it was 90 it wasn't as hard to handle as it is in New England. We didn't know the northwest was dry like the desert in the southwest.

We camped at Riverside State Park just outside Spokane, WA. The campsite is right on the Spokane River.
West Tunnel on Going-to-the-Sun RoadWest Tunnel on Going-to-the-Sun RoadWest Tunnel on Going-to-the-Sun Road

Logan Pass visitor center is in the background




Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Kootenai RiverKootenai River
Kootenai River

Most of the pictures on the road are taken at 70 mph as Dave drives by. He's not much for stopping for my picture taking.


Tot: 0.217s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 23; qc: 92; dbt: 0.1161s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb