Home to our Green Valley


Advertisement
Published: April 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We left Helena early, around 8:00 am, with the temperature around 27 and mostly clear skies. John and Linda's remodel is moving along, and we can't wait to see how it looks when it's done....(so, we'll be back...???!!).

The first pass out of Helena was still a bit slippery...the temperature got down to 14 degrees F and there was ice on the road. The rest of the trip was perfect though: mostly sunny and the roads were dry and uncrowded. Leaving the Rockies behind, we crossed more rangeland (mostly Black Angus cattle, with many small calves) and rivers...over two more passes, and through Idaho. We had a late breakfast outside of Coeur D'Alene, and headed west through Washington's palouse: vast wheat fields on rolling hills.

After the Columbia Gorge, there are more small farms and towns. We were soon able to see the snow covered Cascades, and headed for Snoqualmie Pass, where it had been snowing hard overnight. (Snoqualmie Pass is actually lower than Helena...interesting fact for me..) There were small snow flurries but the roads dry by the time we crossed....

In a few more hours (and after a stop at Costco) we were back in the
Mt HelenaMt HelenaMt Helena

This is the mountain we cliimbed yesterday.
Skagit Valley, realizing how much we'd missed seeing the intense greens of the fields here. (We hadn't really seen much green since Phoenix.) The tulip fields are in full color right now too!

Driving back I realized that I'm now a Westerner....I hadn't really felt that way before.

What a wonderful trip...thanks to all of you who hosted us and thanks to those of you who followed along on this blog....and a special thanks to Tom and Diane who took care of our cat Betty while we were gone....

Until the next trip (maybe Panama in the Fall...),

Lynn


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Looking west towards the Rockies?Looking west towards the Rockies?
Looking west towards the Rockies?

We are not sure of the name of this range.
Snow on Snoqulamie PassSnow on Snoqulamie Pass
Snow on Snoqulamie Pass

The ski areas are all shutdown for the season...
The yard is in bloom....The yard is in bloom....
The yard is in bloom....

Nice to be home to a beautiful spring day...but now we have to unpack and clean out the car....


13th April 2010

Glad you made it!
I am so glad I got to see you again! What a long trip. I can't believe how sunny and pretty your yard looked! We had snow again here today, and I thought it was spring, silly me!!! We are already planning our seattle trip for this summer! I can't wait... Love, Steph

Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0689s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb