More Seattle


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Seattle
September 17th 2011
Published: September 18th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Walked more today than in a long time. Probably a couple of miles. Toni and i walked down to Pike Street Market and met Ron and Jack. Hung around a little waiting for the rest of the gang as they said maybe they would come. When they did not arrive we walked down the hill past the chewing gum wall (did you know they had one in Seattle- people put their used gum there, sometimes in the form of picture) and on to Alaska way on the waterfront and then about half a mile to Ivar's acres of clams. Helen called part way there and they were trying to find us at the market. Gave them directions and we all had lunch together. Lots of laughs! Toni, Ron and Jack are riding Segways but i decided not to break any more bones today. Shopped at the market and took a cab back up the hill!
After a little nap i joined Toni, Jack and Ron on a subway ride to the airport. Our friends Frank and roseann picked us up at the station to take us to their rented apartment for a little dinner party. Unfortunately their rental car was made for 4 and there were six of us. The four of us piled into the back seat for a very unusal drive. I was sitting on top of some of them and when we hit a bump my head hit the ceiling. To top it off we got a little lost finding the apartment. Have not laughed that hard in a long time. We had a great dinner with all 9 of us and laughed some more. On the ride home we tried a different tack and 3 got in the back seat and i layed down across all 3. This time i hit my head on the car door at every bump. We may have laughed harder on the way back than on the way there. Long day and we board the ship tomorrow. Nite all.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Chewing Gum WallChewing Gum Wall
Chewing Gum Wall

Located in an alley off the Pike Street Market, people have been placing their used gum on this wall for years!
Reunion lunchReunion lunch
Reunion lunch

Toni, Ron, Jack, Roseann, Frank, Frank, Helen, Judi and Lorraine-Good looking group


Tot: 0.162s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0504s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb