Green Tortoise Hostel


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Seattle
July 17th 2011
Published: July 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

After driving thru some luscious apple and cherry orchards and checking out the Gingko Petrified Forest, we have arrived in Seattle. We had some coffee, (tea for me), walked around Pike's Place Market in the rain, ate some prawns and clam chowder, sat by Puget Sound and are now relaxing/napping at the Green Tortoise Hostel. I, Jessica, have never actually stayed in a hostel before. We are sharing a room with up to 10 other people. We do have the upper bunk and a nice window view of the Corner Market on the corner of Pike and 1st. It is a good experience and a cheap way to stay downtown, however, it is our honeymoon and I might just push for a hotel next time!

Haven't made it to the ocean proper yet, hoping that will happen tomorrow. I have never stood on the Pacific Coast line and I am really looking forward to it! We are still in the process of figuring out if we can still make it to Alaska. Perhaps we will, perhaps we won't. There are plenty of National Parks to visit in the continental US, but d@$#, we really wanted to get up to see Denali NP!!!

Pictures will follow in future posts!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0548s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb