seatlle where art thou?!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Seattle
October 14th 2010
Published: November 24th 2010
Edit Blog Post

space needle, seattlespace needle, seattlespace needle, seattle

the space needle that we didnt climb
And so this is my attempt at condensing 2 amazing weeks of travel through california (in a chrysler malibu named neville) with the assistance of Sharon (the gps) thanks to both parties for getting us to all of our destinations safely.

Where to start? A two week road trip with my girls; mands, sandy and rach, from seattle to san fran, down along the coast through san jose, monterey, santa cruz to L.A, across to san diego and onto las vegas for halloween....a long drive to the grand canyon, followed by an epic drive through death valley to yosemite national park and finally, albeit extremely sad, the final leg to san francisco where we said our goodbyes and continued our way.

And so this is my attempt at condensing 2 amazing weeks of travel into a few blogs, if not for entertainment reasons but to re-live an amazing two weeks of my life spent oh so footloose and fancy free!

Seattle where art thou?! Oh how I loved this place. From the moment we arrived on the clipper (smooth sailing ferry from van island to seattle) we felt a sense of belonging. It sounds weird, well actually not
aww sisters reunitedaww sisters reunitedaww sisters reunited

meeting up with gretch in seattle
coming from a person with a mild case of o.c.d, but Seattle was and still is the cleanest city I've visited...and as we all know cleanliness is always an important aspect of a city!
We were booked into the City Hostel, which is an amazing hostel, relatively new, cool staff and awesome artwork...if you ever go to seattle you must go there! and straight away felt at home.
Now this is where my memory fails me, but over the next few days we did quite a lot of sight seeing, spontaneous exercising along the water front, climbing huge towers, the columbia tower to be exact, at half the price of the space needle (travellers tip!) viewing the architecture that was the public library and the old town district, experiencing the vibrance that is the seattle pike place market.....awwww this place is awesome! sailing the rocky waters over to bainbridge island to wander around aimlessly for hours, sampling copious amounts of the finest chinese tea, pub crawling with some london rockers from the green tortoise hostel, meeting and hanging with drew barrymore (yes it did happen) meeting up with long lost sisters and their boyfriends (aka reuniting with gretchen and sam)
seattle sky lineseattle sky lineseattle sky line

on my way to bainbridge island
going to dicks for what was supposed to be the most amazing milkshake and unfortunately saying so long to seattle catching a jet plane and moving on to san fran.
seattle has an awesome feel to it, its got a beautiful water front, awesome public art, great c.b.d and the market....who needs any more. We were lucky enough to have perfect weather during our stay and would go back in a heart beat. Seattle, thank you for being our first major city on our trip x


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

mmm teammm tea
mmm tea

tea sampling at pike place


24th November 2010

tis true
cool photos of you and drew han... ahh quite like the reuniting part as well :) it can only get better from here xx

Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0286s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb